As a life time supporter of Kokni Muslim Association (KMA), I am honored to serve as the chair of the borehole subcommittee. One of our themes this year is Water for Life, which illustrates our Mission of providing water to the Masjid and to serve the residents of our Flats, Imams house and also the neighboring estates and community. I am sure you realize just how critical the water situation is; in and around the environs of Nairobi.
The continuous supply of water that KMA can be made possible by the generous support of community members, Tenants and well wishers & supporters.
The estimated cost for the full installation Kshs. 3,045,740/-, In order to make it a reality we have broken it down as follows, and as agreed with the borehole installation company:-
1. Kshs. 1,000,000/- Payable by 15th October 2011 (The permit expires on this date if we do not begin we shall loss out entirely).
2. Kshs. 1,000,000/- Payable by 15th January 2012.
3. Kshs. 1,045,740/- Payable thereafter to complete the project.
The managing committee in its endeavors has so far collected Kshs. 720,000/-. So to kick start the project we still require Kshs. 280,000/-
We have worked out formulae how this can be achieved as follows:-
1. Managing committee members have immediately agreed to contribute Kshs 10,000/- each.
2. Community Members who are self employed or Business men voluntary contribute a minimum of Kshs. 25,000/- or more
3. Working Members voluntary contribute between Kshs 5,000/- to Kshs .10,000/- (or more)
4. Tenants to contribute Kshs. 10,000/- or more.
Won't you make a commitment to support this noble project? Every donation makes a difference regardless of amount. Thank you in advance for your commitment to support the efforts of KMA to continue making a difference in our community.
Our managing committee members shall be coming around to collect your voluntary contributions, please give them your full moral and in kind support.
Your reward is with Allah (SWT) for the Sadaqa Jariyah (Continual Charity).
Jazzak Allah Kheir
Chairman Borehole Project Subcommittee.